Is a power window on your car either broken or jammed? If so, it’s important to get it fixed as quickly as you can. A window that’s jammed open can have problems getting properly heated or cooled, could let rain get in and could cause safety issues with people potentially breaking into your vehicle. A broken or cracked window has plenty of other safety concerns you should be worried about.
With this in mind, here are some tips for you to follow if you are in need of power window repair in Oklahoma City, OK:
- Do not leave your car outdoors and unattended: If the window is stuck open or already broken, you should not leave it parked alone and unattended outdoors. This is an invitation for thieves to come along and easily break in, stealing items or even your car itself. Keep your car parked in a garage or other safe place until you are able to take it in for a repair.
- Do not drive if your power window is cracked: A cracked power window can be quite dangerous. If the damage gets any worse, the window could shatter, causing you to be hit with broken glass. If the window is cracked, you should seek power window replacement immediately—the only driving you should do is to the repair shop, but if possible, it’s better to have them come out to you to fix the problem.
- Cover your window: If your window is jammed open, it is a good idea to cover it so rain does not become a factor. The best way to do this is to use Saran wrap—this will give you a somewhat effective means of covering the window without blocking your view of the road. Tape it in place well so the rain does not get inside your vehicle.
- Get mobile repair services if possible: If window damage will prevent you from driving your vehicle, you should call for a mobile repair service if there is one within a reasonable distance of your home or office. The technician will come to you, which will keep you out of harm’s way. This might mean you are temporarily grounded until the repair can be completed, but whenever possible you should entirely avoid driving a vehicle with a window that has been cracked or broken.
- Get the repairs done as soon as possible: No matter what type of damage your power window has sustained, it is important to get the repairs done in a timely manner. This will ensure your safety and prevent even worse damage from occurring. Be proactive and call the repair service right away when you notice the damage on your power window.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind if you ever suffer power window damage to your vehicle. For more information about your options for power window repair in Oklahoma City, OK, contact the team of experienced professionals at Eagle 1 Autoglass today.
Categorised in: Power Window Repair
This post was written by Writer